While performing complex surgical procedures, surgeons always aim for precision and high-level of efficiency in delivering the best possible treatment to the patient. New and complex surgical procedures require surgical teams to work together efficiently and understand the exact nature of critical anatomy in relation to the devices used. There is a huge demand from clinicians for X-ray systems that can provide images to support confident decision making.
The Philips Veradius Unity provides crucial guidance, high-quality images, and accurate positioning to help increase first-time-right results. This ‘Live Image Guidance’ system is especially designed to make surgical imaging easier for physicians and operators in the OR:
- Tablet like unique user-interface (UI) which is extremely user-friendly
- Reduce miscommunication during positioning by almost half during positioning through patented ClearGuide and color coding
- Superb image quality achieved at excellent dose efficiency during complex vascular, cardiac, and orthopedic procedure
80% of USA-based non-Philips users scored Veradius Unity as easier to use than their current system.
The system helps in creating a better experience and providing greater insight in the surgical theater, delivering relevant clinical value where it’s needed most – at the point of patient treatment. It has re-defined teamwork during surgical imaging so that surgeons can experience a new level of efficiency in surgical procedures. Key features include:
Better user experience to promote consistency and efficiency
- Enhanced C-arm experience with tablet-like user interface, and ClearGuide positioning guidance
- Provides ample room to easily access and image normal sized and obese patients
- Enables efficient workflow to enhance staff satisfaction
Greater insight and confidence in finding and treating the problem
- Exceptional visualization of complex anatomy and dynamic structures supports fast diagnosis and treatment
- Reduces artifacts from metal objects present in the field of view
- Delivers consistent, undistorted edge-to-edge image quality and superb contrast resolution
Lower barriers for minimally invasive interventions
- Comprehensive X-ray dose management helps to further increases dose awareness in the OR
- Real-time feedback is displayed during a procedure which helps in better management of radiation exposure
- Independent shutters to better match anatomy in the field of view without using radiation
Increased economic value
- Versatile imaging performance and service support enhance operational performance and contributes to a strong return on investment
- System can boot-up in less than 70 seconds which can save start-up time per case
Philips Healthcare through such live image guidance systems helps to reduce re-admissions, streamline workflow, and increase patient volume by opening the door to new procedures and techniques. By supporting a wide range of procedures and improving workflow efficiency during imaging, Veradius Unity can help to increase system utilization and reduce the total cost of ownership.